When using Match-IT across a network it is essential that the network is reliable because any dropout mid file transaction can cause a corruption the a data file. Here are some tips to minimise problems:-
- On the server and workstations, exclude the Match-IT data folder (or .tps files) from real-time virus checking (etc) scanning.
- On workstations, do not use a mapped drive to point at Match-IT in your short cuts; use a UNC path (//servername/…). If you do have to use a mapped drive make sure it is exempted in real-time the anti-virus software on all PCs.
- Do not rely on WiFi. Make sure all network cables are connected and have not fallen out.
- Do not pull the network cable out of laptops before closing Match-IT and also make sure that you wait for Match-IT to exit completely.
- Close Match-IT and wait for it to exit completely before shutting down your workstation.
- Never under any circumstances click the “shutdown anyway” when shutting down your workstation and Windows says you have left Match-IT running. Close Match-IT properly first.
- A Terminal Services solution (user logs into a server and run Match-IT from there) will provide better stability if any of the above are unresolveable.